Friday, January 30, 2009

1.3o.o9

I read these ol dumbass quotes a few days ago and I was really into them. I thought 'That's SO true," but now, not so much.

"Defeat may test you; it need not stop you. If at first you don't succeed, try another way. For every obstacle there is a solution. Nothing in the world can take teh place of persistence. The greatest mistake is giving up."

"Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent."

The KEY word is OFTEN. 

Oh & this shit::

"When I'm tempted to do something that feels like giving up, I won't... because love doesn't  give up (1 corinthians, 13). But, lest I push love aside, I will make sure that what I'm holding on to can coexist with love."

Isn't that cute?!
OH GAG ME. Sometimes, giving up is exactly what you need to do. Maybe it's not giving up so much as letting go and saying who cares, or maybe that's just the same thing as giving up in a more sugar coated and watered down form. I'm being quite the pessimist if I do say so myself. In one of those 'the glass is half empty... & i'm thirsty, so i just drank that, so now the damn glass ain't got shit in it' moods, & idgaf.




I should be going to LA today, but my pride won't let me ask for help & i'm fine with that. I'm just mad that i'm still here.